PhD (University of Wollongong), MSc Health Policy and Management (University of Wollongong), BHA Health Administration (University of NSW)
Head of Program, Health and Social Wellbeing, NTI
Dr Froggatt is focussed on a superior student experience in NTI’s Health and Social Wellbeing program. He has extensive and diverse expertise in health and community services; educationally, clinically and managerially across multiple sites and in complex organizations. He has an extensive track record of research and evidenced based best practice implementation.
- Head of Program - Health and Social Wellbeing
- Lecturer in Mental Health – Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health - School of Nursing - University of Wollongong
- Regional Manager, Wesley Mission. NSW
- Chief Executive Officer, GRMCO, Central Victoria.
- Psychiatric Nursing Services, Peter James Centre, Melbourne Victoria.
- Various Senior Nursing Management Positions in Victoria
- Various positions as a Unit Manager and Registered Psychiatric Nurse (UK)
Grants and Awards
- recipient of Commercial Research and other Grants in 2008, 2010 and 2013 and 2015 for research projects with Mission Australia and Primary Health.
- currently applying for an Early Researcher Grants
Research fields and current interests
- reviewer for two international peer reviewed journals and publishers such as Pearson Australia and Centage
- written and published in the areas of learning, management, mental health, forensic psychiatry and research
- recently submitted abstracts for publication in two academic journals
- presented research at the ANZAM conference in Yeppoon Queensland, and IAFMHS in Vienna, Austria
- Chair of the South Sydney branch, the Council of Branches and Vice President of the ACMHN Board of Directors
- credentialed Mental Health Nurse and accredited to credential other Mental Health Nurses
- Coordinator of the Shoalhaven Mental Health Professionals Network
- provider of staff development and mental health information to non - government organizations
- Presenter for Ausmed on Leadership and Management and present at various conferences and seminars.
Selected papers and publications
Procter, N, Harmer HP, McGarry D, Wilson RL, Froggatt T.J.2014, ‘Mental Health: A person centred approach’ Cambridge University Press, Port Melbourne, Australia, ISBN 9781107667723
Froggatt, T. & Liersch, S. Assessment of mental health and mental illness: In Mental Health: A Person-Centred Approach; Procter, N., Hamer, H., McGarry, D., Wilson, R. & Froggatt, T. J., Eds.; Cambridge University Press: Port Melbourne, Australia, 2014; pp 89-116.
Crookes, P. A. & Froggatt, T. J. 2004, 'Research into practice: essential skills for reading and applying research in nursing and health care', in B. Tindall (eds), Research Into Practice, 2 edn, Bailliere Tindall, Edinburg; London. pp. 199
Mackay, M., Joyce-McCoach, J., Stephens, M., Cutler, N., Brown, R., Fernandez, R., Froggatt, T. J., Heaton, L., Moxham, L., Sim, J., Traynor, V. & Bourgeois, S. (2016). Review of transnational nursing education programme curricula: process, findings, and recommendations. Nurse Education Today, 42 73-77.
Brighton, R. M., Brown, A., Froggatt, T. John. & Liersch, S. A strong commitment to mental health nursing. Australian Nursing Journal 2011, 19, (4), 40-41.
Moxham, L. J., Brighton, R. M., Froggatt, T. John., Liersch, S. & Andersen, P. Stimulating an interest in mental health nursing. Australian Nursing Journal 2012, 20, (1), 35.
Brighton, R., Patterson, C., Liersch, S., Moxham, L., Froggatt, T. & Butler, I. Reflections from academic mental health RNs: collaborating with people experiencing mental illness. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing 2013, 22, (suppl. 1), 2-2.
Liersch, S., Brighton, R., Patterson, C., Moxham, L. & Froggatt, T. Consumers collaborate to bridge the theory practice gap for nursing students in an innovative ‘bush camp’ clinical placement. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing 2013, 22, (Suppl. 1), 16-16.
Froggatt, T. J. & Hadfield, L. (2016). How the Community Builders Program creates an environment conducive to recovery. : How the Community Builders Program creates an environment conducive to recovery 2016 ANZMHA Gold Coast Australia
Froggatt, T. J. 2002, 'Case Study Research in a Third Sector Organization', in A. Committee (eds), ANZTSR Sixth Biennial Conference, ANZTSR, Auckland, New Zealand,
Blackman, D. & Froggatt, T. J. 2005, 'Leadership as a Source of Trust Enabling Learning and Knowledge Creation', in S. Gherardi & D. Nicolini (eds), The Passion For Learning and Knowing, University of Trento, Trento - Italy,
Blackman, D. & Froggatt, T. J. 2006, 'Why developing trusting as well as trust is a leadership priority', in J. Kennedy & L. Di Milia (eds), Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, Rockhampton, Australia, pp. 1-19.
Froggatt, T. J. & Bibby, N. J. 2007, 'An application of a psychometric personality type inventory to improve team development and performance', Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, Sydney, Australia, pp. 1-14.
Froggatt, T. J. 2008, 'The introduction of forensic psychiatry to undergraduate nursing students as part of a Bachelor of Nursing degree', 8th Annual International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services (IAFMHS) Conference, IAFMHS, Canada, pp. 1-1.
Moxham, L. J., Brighton, R. M., Froggatt, T. John., Liersch, S. & Andersen, P. R. Mental health nursing simulation: A valuable aspect of learning’s tapestry. In 38th International Mental Health Nursing Conference; 2012;
Moxham, L., Liersch, S., Patterson, C., Brighton, R., Froggatt, T. & Butler, I. An immersive work integrated learning experience - showcasing an innovative, experiential clinical placement. In The National Nursing Forum: Success through Synergy; Australian College of Nursing: Australia, 2013; pp 51-52.
Froggatt, T. & Duncan, J. Introducing clinical supervision in an acute mental health setting. In Advances in Clinical Supervision: Innovation & Practice. International Conference: Conference Booklet; NSW Institute of Psychiatry: Sydney, Australia, 2013; pp 13-13.
Froggatt, T. J. 2006, An Exploration of trust and trusting in the leader/follower dynamic: University of Wollongong, 27 September 2006.
Froggatt, T.J. 2015 More than just a Job, Early Career Researchers Presentation University of Wollongong Vice Chancellor and senior executive group
Froggatt, T. Case study research into social enterprise and positive physical, social and mental health outcomes of the participants at Soft Landing 2013, 24-27 August, presented at 15th International Mental Health Conference, Gold Coast, Australia, 2014. http://www.anzmh.asn.au/conference/program14/program.html