NTI's vision is to support and inspire learning and the pursuit of research and creative practice. It is a place for the exchange of arts and culture. NTI contributes to the advancement and integration of knowledge, culture and ethical understanding for the benefit of humanity in an increasingly complex and globally interdependent world.
NTI's mission is to educate students in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values. It facilitates cultural understanding and appreciation through the academic study of the arts, education, human welfare, religions and other disciplines.
NTI's core values are:
NTI's goal is to:
- Provide quality higher education for the 21st century for local and international students.
- Nurture compassion, creativity, adaptability, flexibility and morality in students through a holistic approach to learning.
- Enrich cultural and community life and promote the philosophy and harmony of Buddhist wisdom in public life.
- Encourage students and staff to work cohesively in harmony and make a constructive contribution to humanity and society.
- Provide a conducive environment for learning and foster self-awareness and self-education, applying the philosophy of Buddhist wisdom in daily life.
Students are expected to acquire knowledge and skills, and to develop a good personality through the values encouraged at NTI in preparation for a successful career, and a spiritually rich and peaceful life. Creativity, adaptability and leadership are fostered at NTI, enabling students to become active and useful members of society. NTI students:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of their chosen field of study.
- Command analytical and critical skills to a high order.
- Apply knowledge to new situations, think creatively and independently and develop cross-cultural empathy.
- Show initiative through leadership and community involvement.